Purpose of the programme:
As a civil engineer you could be involved in sustainable urban development, environmental protection, conservation of energy and water resources, or even geotechnical, hydraulic or transport engineering. Learners must satisfy the challenges of participating effectively within the steel construction industry. This qualification provides guidance for the development of appropriate learning programmes and assessment documentation. involves the design, construction, and maintenance of the built environment. Engineers in this field are responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure around us, gets developed, is safe, meets our needs and improves our quality of life. This includes buildings, bridges, railways, tunnels, water distribution and waste management networks.
Learning Material included:
- Learner Guides
- Portfolio Guide
- Assessment Guides
- Formative and Summative Assessment
- 12 months
Who can apply:
- Architectural engineers
- Bridge engineers
- Construction engineers
- Facilities engineers
- Geotechnical engineers
- Highway engineers
- Hydrographic engineers
- Research hydraulic engineers
- Transportation engineers
Exit Level Outcomes
On completion of this Qualification learners are able to demonstrate and apply the following generic competences:
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of occupational health and safety specifically applicable to construction supervision.
- Knowledge of construction material procurement.
- Show knowledge of environmental protection.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality control and improvements in a construction environment.
- Calculate quantities to develop a work plan.
- Display knowledge of productivity control and improvements.
- Display team leadership.
- Read and interpret drawings according to project specifications and Industry norms.
SAQA QUALIFICATION ID:
SAQA MINIMUM CREDITS: